Certificates on a new boiler install?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

On an install of a new boiler connected to existing pipework and new radiators upstairs and pipework for the rads should I have had a PART L certificate from the plumbers?

All I have had so far is my 5 year guarantee card from Worcester Bosch for the boiler as the plumber was a accredted worcester bosch installer

Should I have had other certificates ? for example for the electrics I have a NICEIC certificate

Sponsored Links
No such thing as a part L cert but should have had one from gas safe or local building inspector to say boiler has been fitted to standard.
Phone the guy and ask him, sometimes guys just register them at the end of the month and then it takes a few weeks to come through

In the back of the book that comes with the boiler,showing how to operate/install-
On the rear page is a "Benchmark Certificate" this shows Part L compliance.
If its blank u need to contact the installer as this should be filled in upon commisioning the boiler.
He should of asked u to sign it upon compleation of install.
You usually find that this is one of the first things too go out of the window on a cheap quote,but hope fully you used someone reputable.
If u aint got it dont pay extra push for it to be done!
hope this helps
I think it will have been done if u used a WAI installer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back