CH not working after low guage pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WB Greenstar 30CDi gas fired condensing boiler issue.
Internal diverter valve fitted.

HW working, CH not working:(

Happened possibly as a result of low gauge pressure. Even after I repressurised, CH still not working. Will the low pressure in the past, be the cause of current problem?

Yes, radiator valves are open.

No fault codes.

1) Move thermostat, boiler fires up, green light (flame led) comes on.
2) Sound of some sort of fan sound revs
3)Temperature starts climbing from 50ish in about 30-60 secs to 68,during this time the fan sound speed (RPM) is falling, and during the time temp is climbing, alternates flashing with -11- symbol. During this time there is a slight vibration from the boiler/and water in the pipes sounds.
4) Boiler flame cuts out around 69, causing the fan to sound then revs up again.
5) Temp continues to climb to 74/75, then levels off. I let it cycle a few times, but clearly it's not circulating the CH water though.

FAQ/google trawl suggests diverter valve problem. Any thoughts please?!

If you do suggest disconnecting the diverter somehow, please let me know how, as it's hard to know what each part is called! Also, if you'll suggest "Feel the CH flow pipe when a tap is run. (pipe on far left)" - where is that pipe??

I've tried the drain on the water pump, so it's not an airlock there.

Looking at faq page, I can't see a manual leaver for the diverter valve:(

Sponsored Links
Pulled off diverter valve motor. Moved valve up and down manually. CH on, then HW on watched actuator move up and down. It was not moving up and down when it was fitted. Re-fitted, arm moves valve up and down (up = HW, down = CH) successfully. Seems it was just stuck in position after long period of just using in HW position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back