Chainsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - I have a Ryobi chainsaw which will start but only run for a couple of seconds. The only adjustable part I can see is an idle screw - not sure where this should be. Plug looks clean, fuel correct ratio. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
have you altered the idle screw?

is the air filter clean?

I did change the idle screw a number of times to try to get it to work. The air filter is grotty but you can see light through it well. Thanks for reply - any further thoughts appreciated.

take the air filter off and see if the machine runs without it. if it does then give it a good clean or change it.

more than likely youve mucked up the idle speed, turn it all the way up and slowley bring it back down once the saw starts and runs.

Sponsored Links
Check the exhaust also, some have a wire mesh screen which gets coked up if your petrol mix contains too much oil.

Look at this. It's twice the price of ordinary petrol, but how much time has trying to sort this problem taken?

I know, I know, they can't send it by post. Then use google for another supplier :rolleyes:

Problem turned out to be stretched throttle cable in handle. It was not tight enough to hold throttle on a bit so it would start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back