Change the washers in a mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The kitchen mixer tap is leaking. I have changed the very same taps 5 years ago. Could you please confirm if to change the washers I have to empty the immersion heater?

To change the taps the water from the mains and from the immersion heater had to be switched off. When the repair was completed I had to make sure there were no air locks in the system.

Sponsored Links
Could you please confirm if to change the washers I have to empty the immersion heater?

No, if you meen the hot water cylinder. There are normally gate valves which will isolate it but the other option won't empty the cylinder anyway. Do you have any valves with red handles in the same cupboard as the cylinder?

I'd recommend fitting isolation valves under the tap tails this time, so NEXT time, you dont have to worry about the tank etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back