Change toilet waste to washer waste.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ground floor toilet which is to be removed to extend the kitchen. The toilet has a vent pipe (Dirgo?) connected. I want to convert the waste pipe under the floor to a smaller washer waste, wood floors.

How do I do this, can I remove the toilet and waste, and remove the vent pipe. If I can fit a smaller pipe to this will a standard washer trap work ok if this is connected to a sewage pipe?

Sponsored Links
you can take the soil pipe from your old toilet out the vent shouldnt be a problem and most waste pipes go straight into the soil pipe anyway so that would be fine if you do find that the waste pipe smells when you fit it you could need to change the normal trap for a anti vacuum trap which will stop the problem you can also buy a fitting to take the soil 4 inch to a waste pipe 1 1/4 for basins ( bathroom sinks) or 1 1/2 for kitchen sinks and washing machines etc

Thanks for the info. I'm expecting smells if I use an open pipe so the anti syphon trap should work fine, I didn't know there was such a thing to fit to a small washer waste pipe. .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back