Changing a Door Seal on a Dishwasher. What did I do Wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 6 year old integrated Hotpoint Dishwasher Model BFI 620. The front door of which is fitted with a wooden door to match the rest of the kitchen. Steam has recently started to get past the door seal and under the edge of the wooden veneer causing it to bubble and lift. There seemed to be some adjustment on the door striker, but it was already at the end of its travel.

So I obtained a new door seal from Hotpoint / Indesit (Part no C00141317) As far as I can see, the old seal is pulled from the slot and the new one simply pushed in its place.

However with the new seal fitted, the machine was so much noiser, the water could be heard splashing around. Only when the door had weight exerted on it, did it return to its original quite state, making me believe that a seal was not being made.

So, I exchanged the new seal with the old one and the silence returned. However the noise is not the problem. The idea of replacing the seal was to stop steam damaging the wooden door, but going by the noise, the new one seems to have a worse seal that the original.

Did I do something wrong when I installed the new seal and any ideas for stopping the steam escaping.

Sponsored Links
The dishwasher Is supposed to have a anti condinsation strip on the edge of the work top to stop the wood from rotting over the years. Yours is missing poss from new. It's only a plastic strip about 2 inches wide and the length of the dishwasher.

There is something on the worktop. It's the edge of wooden 'cosmetic' door that protrudes above the dishwashers door that is the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back