Changing a single socket to an FCU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,Can anyone give me some advise..I want to change a single socket to a 13 amp fused connection unit.The socket in question is a spur,then i would like to daisy chain 2 or 3 double sockets from the FCU..is this ok to do.

Sponsored Links
Yes, if teh additional sockets are on the load side of the FCU.
Oh and that the circuit is RCD protected.

Thanks.the circuit is protected by 32 amp breaker,at the consumer unit.This is on a ring main.

the circuit is protected by 32 amp breaker,at the consumer unit.
Yes, that is normal

But is that ring main RCD-protected as well?
Post a picture of your consumer unit if you are not sure.

New sockets must be RCD protected.

Sponsored Links
Hello again...thanks,I have an RCD that is placed just before the consumer unit..if that makes sense.Is that ok.

Hmm

It may be OK, it may not be. Can you put a photo of it on here and we'll have a shufti.

Just put the photo on your computer (JPG file) and drag it on to the message/reply area.

Hi Sorry it took me a while to suss out how to post this picture,this is the rcd.

You still haven't sussed it! Just copy and paste it into the text box. Your RCD has a rated tripping current of 30mA so that is fine.
full

Haha..damn this technology..I need to get with the program..Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back