Changing the door seal on a Bosch Exxcel washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just wondered if anybody could help out with a few tips for changing the door seal on a Bosch Exxcel washing machine as 'er indoors is getting mighty cheesed off with heavy staining from the rubber seal, I tried to do this a few years ago but had so much difficulty with the restraining springs I had to give up and call a local repairer who is no longer trading so thought I would give it another go.
If I remember right I tried to do it all from the top and front of the machine but having looked at a couple of Youtube vids it looks like the whole front has to come off, anybody tried to do it just from the front as getting the machine out from under in the first place is a pig of a job as it's so squashed between the wall and the tumble drier.

Sponsored Links
To get the spring back on I find it easier to tip the machine back, then put a long screwdriver through the door lock and the spring. Pull the spring around gasket towards the screwdriver. If you have someone to hold the screwdriver for you it might help more as they tend to slip.
Good luck

Sponsored Links
Just replaced the door seal on our Bosch integrated washing machine for the very same reason as the OP, the original rubber was covered in mould and was staining some washes.

Watched a couple of videos on YouTube and 45 mins later the wife was washing away. The hardest part was getting the machine out and back in, as I said it is all built in.

The retaining clips went on easy enough with the help of a plastic bicycle tyre lever on the larger diameter one, all working and no leaks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back