Changing zone type in part set 1 and part set 2 on veritas 8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I have recently wired up my veritas 8 panel.

I have programmed my full set suite from menu 50
I have programmed my part set suites from menu 51 and 52, I omitted zone 3 because of our dog in both 51 and 52 menus.

I have programmed my zone types from menu 1 followed by the zone number then pressed the zone type.

I would like to change the zone type for part set 1 and part set 2

.................................................full set..................part set 1...........part set 2
Z1 frnt dr contact........................6 entry/exit..........6 entry/exit........3 guard
z2 conservatry/living room pir.......3 guard................3 guard.............3 guard
z3 kitchen pir..............................3 guard................omitted.............omitted
z4 utility door contacts.................3 guard................3 guard..............3 guard
z5 stairs pir................................2 inhibited entry....2 inhibited entry..6 entry/exit
z6 bedroom 2 pir.........................3 guard................3 guard..............3 guard
z7 panic button.......................... 7 personal attack..7 personal attack..7 personal attack

In the manual page 22 it states "The zone type can be changed into either entry/exit , inhibited entry or guard. It is also possible tp program which part set(s) will cause the zone type to change."

From menu's 21, 22 and 23 I can choose a zone I can change , in 21 to entry/exit, in 22 to inhibited entry and in 23 to guard. What I don't understand is how I choose which part set 1 or 2 these changes are taken into effect.

Many thanks in advance,
Simon

Sponsored Links
I don't believe you can. The three suite options (EE, IE, GUARD) apply to all part sets.

on the R8+ and Excel panels

You can have 4 part sets.
You can choose which of the part sets change zone types
Menu 20 allows you to select which part sets change function and which ones don't, at default part sets 1 and 3 change function and 2 and 4 don't.

However you can not do this on the V8,8compact, or R8, usually.

In your example, part set 1 doesn't change, just in menu 51 you would have zone 3 omitted and the rest on.

in part set 2 zone 5 is changed to e/e that would be programmed in 21 zone 5 on, 22 nothing, 23 nothing.

you would then need to program, menu 20 with 2 on and 1,3 and 4 off.

This will only be possible if you have an excel or r8+ or you have one of the r8/compact/v8 panels where menu 20 was accidental made available. To complicate it further they didnt have acess to part sets 3 and 4 aswell if I remember correctly.

I don't remember which version after 2011 when they changed the boards this occured in, but when in engeering you can try and see if menu 20 is available. If its available you will be able to select which part set changes function. If it isn't available you won't. simples.

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

I have been and double checked what panel type we actually have and it is the R8.

I downloaded the R8+ manual and that helped to clarify things.

I misunderstood what was written in the R8 manual thinking I could change a zone in part set 1 but not have it change in part set 2 and vice versa. In effect giving me 3 combinations full, part set 1 and part set 2. It turns out you can't do what I wanted to with the R8+ either, you can only choose which of the 4 part sets you want the zone change to occur in .

many thanks for taking the time to respond.

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back