Charlie Hebdo

Should Charlie Hebdo print more cartoons of the prophet mohammed?

• No

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 32 71.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

longdogs

The magazine has decided to publish another cartoon of the prophet mohammed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30786211

If they stop printing these cartoons, they would be seen as giving in to terrorism with the loss of free speech.

If they continue to print them, they could be inciting more violence on the streets of France and put more lives at risk.

So, to print or not to print?

Sponsored Links
Yes, they should continue, and other newspapers should be willing to publish them too.

The other option is to give in to terrorist pressure. Give in now and it will only encourage them to do more. They see us as being weak, and I think they may have a point.

At the moment, it appears that the Frogs have more balls than we do, which is something I would never have imagined myself saying a few years ago.

My understanding is that it will be a picture of Mohamed weeping. Jolly good idea.

Je suis charlie

Do not make stupid replies.
Think before you type.
-0-

Sponsored Links
Seriously, they should continue poking fun at all the major religions in equal measure. If they treat them all equally and without favour, who can complain?

I think that one particular religion is showing that it isn't suited to living in a continent that values free speech and democracy in the 21st century - no matter how keen the powers that be are to crush these ideals.

All our News media support Charlie Hebdo publishing these cartoons, but for some reason choose not to publish the reproductions with English Translation in this Country,

Food for thought ??

As I said, the Frogs have more balls than do we.

Oh how the mighty are fallen. The world laughs at us.

When the snackbarists start the real fighting, doubt we'll be in a fit state to get them out of the merde, once again.

All our News media support Charlie Hebdo publishing these cartoons, but for some reason choose not to publish the reproductions with English Translation in this Country,

Food for thought ??

As I said, the Frogs have more balls than do we.

Oh how the mighty are fallen. The world laughs at us.

Or possibly that the Cartoons breach our laws

My understanding is that it will be a picture of Mohamed weeping. Jolly good idea.
Another dishonest, malicious and false post.
How many more dishonest, malicious and false assumptions, claims or statements is this poster going to continue posting?
This is the actual cartoon:
from BBC News, with apologies to any one that is offended.
I only posted it to illustrate the maliciousness of johniemeliar's post.

My understanding, which bit of that are you having problems with? We won't actually know until publication.

Love the way the apologist apologised.

I wonder if the turban was deliberately drawn to look like a pair of balls?

:mrgreen:

Another malicious and false post by Reindeer,

hebdo.jpg

As I said, a crying Mohamed!

Seems the terrorists still have the upper hand, the BBC and a number if not all UK papers are refusing to show the front page.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f-ing what."
Stephen Fry

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Seriously, they should continue poking fun at all the major religions in equal measure. If they treat them all equally and without favour, who can complain

Fully agree , all religions should be fair game only the same as parodying fairy stories. If god is real and we are made in his image then surely humour is part of his make up as well as our own so why would he take offence?
I'm not making excuses for anyone or any religion , it's just some very narrow minded people who see offence everywhere. Interesting article here ( again not trying to justify the actions of the terrorists or turn the argument around)
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/09/solidarity-charlie-hebdo-cartoons/

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back