Chasing in water pipe for basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are in the process of renovating our bathroom. We need a run of a meter or so 15mm hot and cold pipe , and want them to be hidden.

Want a good option.

1) chasing them will be tough, is there anything I can do to make things easier, such as use a 10mm pipe? Will this affect water flor or have any impact else where?
2) I could run the pipes outside. Is this possible, I presume I would need to have good insulation?

Is it best to chase in wall or concrete floor?

Sponsored Links
As it's about a meter run- would it be better to run under floor or across wall

Put one in the floor and one in the wall - best of both worlds?

Love the "run pipes outside" suggestion, BTW.
facepalm.png

Sponsored Links
How about putting a frame of 2x2 or even 2x1 onto the wall? You can hide the pipes in that.

We did that and left an opening for a mirror, it also takes the waste pipe. There's a couple of picture in the Projects section.

Hope you have better luck with these pipes,than you had with the installation of your water main pipe.
Just get home serve to sort as you did with your mains leak on the push fit connector you fitted !!!!!!!

Is your bodge it builder who reckons T&G will stop the floor shaking not sortin the whole bathroom ? Out of curiousity ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back