Cheap bosch drills at B&Q - much cop???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning folks,
visiting my local B&Q last night *Shudder* for some bits & bobs, and saw that they're selling Bosch corded 550W drills for 30 quid as a clearance item (suspect it's a local deal though - but the Scotswood branch up in Newcastle had 'em if anyone wants to know / cares). Now being a bit dim I forgot to get the exact model number, but I've trawled the screwfix site and the closest match I can find is this one here for 34 quid http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101376&ts=02566&id=38286 - the one at B&hell is a 550 watt but apart from that it's the same (gimmicky torch on handle etc etc - who drills in the dark for crying out loud??). But is it worth parting with my hard earned loot for such a drill??

All advice / warnings appreciated :confused:

Sponsored Links
Id certainly shop around before you buy stuff from screw fix...they used to be very cheap, but like most companies, once they get big up go te prices ala argos.

i used to use them a lot, but i find that i can get stuff way cheaper from my local merchants, just takes a bit of raport and a bit of cheek to haggle!

Sponsored Links
I always seem to buy power tools nowadays from online toolstores. I think toolnet is one and D&M is another.

I had a rep from a local toolshop in at work the other day and he told me that they would match the price I could find anywhere else, but as I said to him why should I have to go shopping for the best price elsewhere and then come to you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back