cheap Fernox F3 on ebay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just bought 500ml bottle of this from plumbcentre for £20 then see loads of same product unused on Ebay for £3 to £4 a bottle. Whats the catch!?

Sponsored Links
Would suspect that they are being sold by lad/s on contract who are supposed to use the inhibitor
Call me cynical but I would say that if you buy any then the little sticky date label will be missing

just bought 500ml bottle of this from plumbcentre for £20 then see loads of same product unused on Ebay for £3 to £4 a bottle. Whats the catch!?

Yeah lads should be using it everyday and are not. £4 x 5 = £20 beer tokens

hmm interesting. Its stolen goods then :confused:

date wise isnt it printed just above the front label? On mine it says 14 06. On an ebay job lot it says 10 09.

Sponsored Links
hmm interesting. Its stolen goods then :confused:

A good proportion of stuff on Ebay must be nicked. There was someone recently selling brand new Bernzomatic TS7000 torches on there for £20, which is under half price. I bought a couple, and they were as described - except they came without any retail packaging.

They were a real bargain and I use them every day. Just wonder where they came from. Hmm!

There's also the chance the Fernox could be fake.

The label I refer to is removable and allows the user/installer to write on the label when he poured it into the system
This is then attached to say the side of the f&e cistern.
This has nothing to do with a manufacturing/production date

It is really very sad that so many are inherently dishonest about putting the inhibitor in the new heating systems.

Slightly amusing I suppose that I regularly meet people who says there is inhibitor in their system. When i ask how they can be sure they then just point to the label or even worse to the Benchmark Certificate. I have to reply that those are no proof at all, just what someone wants you to believe!

I also agree that there are so many stolen items on Ebay. But the police do not even bother to investigate stolen cars or breakins to cars these days.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back