Cheap sh*t toilet or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've been looking for a new wall hung loo and the one I would like (Arc) is below. My only concern is that it's from Victoria Plumb/MFI (only just realised they're the same company) and I'm concerned that it'll be poor quality. The price suits me (£140 incl soft close seat) as I haven't really got the budget for brands like Ideal Standard, VB etc, but I don't want it to be a false economy either. Anyone ever bought this particular loo and/or have a view on its quality? Thanks.
View media item 89030
http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Toilet...ilets/Arc-Wall-Hung-Toilet-inc-Seat_1047.html

Sponsored Links
Depends on who you believe as far as Viccy Plumper is concerned it seems. As many nightmare reviews on them as there are good.

It seems a little like a lottery when you buy from those guys, some are winners and some are real losers.

Yeah, and the trouble with reviews is they tend to be posted around the time of purchase, not a year later when the poor quality glaze is obliterated by limescale, or an unlucky bounce of the toilet cleaner has cracked the fragile ceramic.

installed the same toilet in my house, had no problems looks ok.

Problem i had it took 4 toilets before i got a good one

1 had a crack where the soil pipe went onto

2 was in bits

3 toilet cracked round rim

Paul

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I started off looking there, but saw a few bad reviews elsewhere and got put off. Will look again.

Just spotted that Better Bathrooms offer a 25 year guarantee, although it could just be a marketing ploy as they don't expect to be in business in 25 years time!

I often wonder about long guarantees it might mean that this bath will still be a bath in 25 years time whether it is any good as a bath is another matter! ;)

Thanks for that. I started off looking there, but saw a few bad reviews elsewhere and got put off. Will look again.

trouble is, you hardly ever get good reviews because no one bothers

If you're buying from Vic Plumb, make sure that you take delivery, forensically examine the pan for damage and triple check that all parts are present before any plumber that you hire arrives to fit. I'm almost at the point of refusing customers who want to buy the cheap for a reason stuff from this place.

On the other hand, can't speak highly enough of Eastbrook.

http://www.eastbrooktrade.com/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back