Cheap Smartphone Deal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Catch it while you can.

While not the world's best, it's not bad for under 30 quid.

Huawei Y550 PAYG upgrade at Carphone Warehouse.

Sponsored Links
Never heard of that brand. How do you pronounce it? Haway? (As in the Geordie, 'Away the lads').

Seriously, though, I've just been looking at the spec, which seems to be very impressive especially for such an inexpensive phone, although SIM-free it's about £110. And it uses Android, (not this rubbish Apple stuff!). I'd certainly give it a try if I needed another smart phone.

It's pronounced 華為 according to Google. :)

Big adverts at the cricket in Sri Lanka today.

http://www.huawei.com/uk/about-huawei/huawei-uk/index.htm

...Huawei opened its first office in the UK in 2001 and is mainland China’s largest investor into the UK. The company has 15 offices across the UK and 890 employees, planned to rise to 1,500 by 2017. Huawei will continue to expand its investment in the UK in the coming years, and is planning to invest £650 million and procure £650 million in services by 2017. In 2011, Huawei opened its UK R&D centre in Ipswich after acquiring CIP, the centre for integrated photonics. In April 2013, Huawei opened a new UK headquarters in Green Park, Reading...
...Ren Zhengfei, Huawei CEO and founder, announces a £1.3 billion investment and procurement plan for the UK at a meeting with David Cameron
EE selects Huawei to deploy its 4G network
Huawei provides YouView set-top box for TalkTalk
Conducts 5G research with University of Surrey
Wins Three UK managed service agreement...

-0-

Sponsored Links
Seriously, though, I've just been looking at the spec, which seems to be very impressive especially for such an inexpensive phone, although SIM-free it's about £110.

You can get a moto E for less than that, it has more memory and a better screen.

Keep up, Aron. Not less than 30 quid you can't.

in fact for less than 110, I can get a Moto G.....

huawei make the kit for bt for their fibre broadband. (the stuff that goes in the green boxes at the side of the road)

I think secures should have a smartphone viewing / purchasing restraing order put on him, so he can concentrate on somewhat odd food combo's :LOL:

You can get a moto E for less than that, it has more memory and a better screen.
You can get the Moto E for free if you take out a £7.50p per month contract with Tesco mobile (includes 250 mins any network and landlines 5000 texts and 500mb data, per month) Or for £13.50p a month you can get the Moto G (with 500 mins calls, 5000 texts and 500mb data)

John

It's pronounced "wahway".

As in, "Wahway the lads!"

You can get the Moto E for free if you take out a £7.50p per month contract with Tesco mobile (includes 250 mins any network and landlines 5000 texts and 500mb data, per month) Or for £13.50p a month you can get the Moto G (with 500 mins calls, 5000 texts and 500mb data)

Just got that deal myself.

Its the Moto G 4G for £13.50 (the Moto G doesnt take SD cards).

Sponsored Links
Back