Checking gas & boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Well after a few years of lurking & reading on here I've finally registered & posted.
In this time the central heating system has started to be changed / moved.
The boiler has been moved from the kitchen to what will be a utility room with 22mm copper pipe running for the main gas supply to it. - this is just clipped in place & not connected in any way.
The new boiler isn't connected yet & would need connecting to the gas supply both ends. At the same time as this is done I would like the gas pipe supplying the kitchen extending & an additonal bayonet socket fitting to supply the new sperate oven & the pipework tidied up.
Would it be possible to get someone who is gas safe to connect the boiler & check the supply to it is sound but not turn it on yet ?
What i'd like to do is move/fit new radiators as & when I get time, plumb them in & connect up then have the boiler turned on.
The old system is still all fitted & working ok but most of it will be scrapped - but I'm using it for heating at the moment when i'm there.
There's no mad rush as I still work away from home so could it be done as a "fit in whenever" job ? Also any idea on the cost to have this done.
Thanks for any advice.
Peter.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back