Chemical Cure for Silicone Sealant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

A few years ago we had a uPVC Conservatory fitted. The guy who put the uPVC window cills on sealed around the edge and then I am sure he used a chemical on a cloth to harden the sealant,

The cills have since settled and I need to redo them - I'd like to harden them off again rather that leave that fluffy rubber residue that you get.

Is this a thing? Or is the sealant a different type - and advice gratefully received!

Regards
Kevin

Sponsored Links
It could be he used something like Stelmax 1965 UPVC Resin filler (or soudal etc)?

This stuff is a solvent based resin and is a bit of an art to apply (if you're going to DIY it practice plenty on scrap material!) - you need to run a small continuous bead and don't touch it - you can use solvent based upvc cleaner to clear up mishaps but try to avoid them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back