Chip repair on laminate floor

Discussion in 'Floors, Stairs and Lofts' started by tvern, 24 Oct 2006.

This topic originated from the How to page called Wooden flooring.

1. tvern

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I installed oak effect laminate flooring (Floormaster Aqualoc) a couple of months ago. I recently scratched one of the planks - a thin but deep scratch.

I don't want to replace the board because that means i have to lift up most of the floor to get to it. Can anyone advise me of how to repair it? I cant seem to find any matching fillers for the floor.

Thanks.

2. gcol

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  3. masona

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Floormaster Laminated Floor Repair Kit ;)

4. tvern

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for your replies.

I was a bit wary about buying a repair kit off the internet, because i always end up buying the wrong colour or shade. But seeing that B&Q and other hardware stores dont seem to be stocking it, i will try my luck with them. :)

5. WoodYouLike

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    And others hate it too because of the so-called easy-click systems taking much longer to install than normal standard practical T&G's!
    And for the above reason in the question: when damaged hard to repair.

6. moosele

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If you have a spare board you can cut the board out with a trim saw or circular saw, cut about an 1" from the outside of the damaged board on all sides and lift the panel out. Then take your time and work round slowly lifting and cutting until all the board is out. Clean all the edges with a hoover and remove all the saw dust. Then cut the tonge off the end of the board and the lower part of the groove along the long edge. Then gule all around the edges and then lower the board in. Dont walk or put any furniture on it until the glue dries. It does work and i have done it several times on wood and laminate - used to be a wood floor fitter.