Choosing a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
before I start I know combi boilers are not the best, as I have read a few posts on here about them, but my friend is looking to fit one in her one bedroom flat. There are two hot water taps, one electric shower, no bath and 3 radiators in the flat (the flat consists of a double bedroom, medium kitchen, medium living room and tiny bathroom). I am not sure of the flow rate at her flat, would maybe have to get that measured first?

the point is, she is looking for a reasonably priced boiler, which would be reliable (or as reliable as they come) to replace the system she has at the moment.

We are in the aberdeen area so would be looking either to have it shipped here or bought in the local area. Any info, tips or help would be very much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
You would only need what is regarded as the smallest combi ,24kw.
Good budget boiler would be the main 24he which is also a potterton performa 24he.
Both been about for a while, cheap to buy reliable in use and dont let anyone kid ya every boiler will breakdown at some stage and these are cheap and easy to repair.
Both will be avialable locally ,

I'm not certain if there are any ATAG E22 C's left on special offer at present.

These were ridiculously low priced for a while including the flue.

Other than that I would look at the Broag Avanta 24 C. Very good HW delivery, physically very small and a very good warranty.

Sponsored Links
a 24kw biasi m96 would be another good budget boiler. to be honest you are spoiled with choice in some ways.

best bet would be get a few quotes in and make sure it is done right.

a 24kw biasi m96 would be another good budget boiler.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :eek:

nothignworng with combis, just the guys that say they are unreliable. these are the same guys that say your 2 year old boiler is beyond repair but they can fit a new boiler for you tomorrow? your friend needs to get a couple of quotes on comparible boilers from recommended fitters.

my choice is a worcester bosch, reliable with great flow rates.

ive never seen a broag or a remaha in anyones house, but met a lad a few weeks ago who told me the local council fits the remeha range and has edless trouble with them. could be the quality of the installers though.

before I start I know combi boilers are not the best
You are misinformed.

the point is, she is looking for a reasonably priced boiler, which would be reliable (or as reliable as they come)

What do you call: reasonably priced? Combi's range from about £350 to £2000. Where would you say it stops being reasonable?

Unfortunately, some boiler installers say there is a relation between price and reliability, and I understand that it is difficult for a householder to find out if they just want to take more money from you, or that it is worth spending more than £400 for a boiler.

You would only need what is regarded as the smallest combi ,24kw.
Good budget boiler would be the main 24he which is also a potterton performa 24he.
Both been about for a while, cheap to buy reliable in use and dont let anyone kid ya every boiler will breakdown at some stage and these are cheap and easy to repair.
Both will be avialable locally ,

I agree this boiler or the vokera compact or the biasi m96 are all great reliable cheap boilers.

Next you just need local knowledge what are people used to fixing around there. I saw a lot of 15 year old Worcesters in Aberdeen when I was there, and some back boilers. didn't see many modern combis.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back