Christmas laser lights power source

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ornamental street lamp in my front garden. Light switch in the hallway operates it on/off. In the glass enclosed lamp part is a standard circular galvanised junction box. I want to use a laser light projector at Christmas to light up the front of the house. Can I connect this to my street lamp junction box ? It would be temporary, of course, but I want it to be safe. Competent DIYer. Thanks, in advance, for your expert advice.

Sponsored Links
You'll need to make sure that whatever you do is weatherproof, and (of course) you'll need the switch on for the projector to work!
What power rating is the laser projector?

220v. Standard kit you can buy from B&Q, EBay, etc. They will be everywhere this Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Ø Input Voltage: 110V-240V

Ø Output Voltage: 6V/1000MA
This is the only info I have !!!!!!!

Ok. Just wanted to check it wasn't too powerful for your lighting circuit. You should be ok with that.
Hi Taylor.
Never noticed your signature before, oh how I wish others would agree!

OP the info on the ratings was important and essential to a proper reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back