Christmas lash up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tis the season to see how much of the local neighbourhood we can illuminate from our house. The wife this year has lights for the front trees, joy to the world and fellow man!

Plan is, each tree to have a IP rated plastic box connected by some armoured cable. Bring the armoured inside to wall mounted flex outlet. This where it gets sexy! Use the flex outlet the wrong way round to be able to fit a plug on the end and plug into remote mains switch. Illuminated tree control from the comfort of my sofa.

Madness?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What about the lights on your roof? Run the cable down the chimney and out of the fireplace? Hope Santa doesn't get tangled in it.

I assume he means a piece of flex with a plug on it, attached to what would then be a flex INLET instead of an outlet, the SWA then being terminated in the back box.

In essence, a DIY version of a theatre type cord patch unit, which allows a number of fixed circuits to be terminated with flying leads and plugs.

Edit to add....

For anybody who hasn't seen one, this is a commercially made version for 12 circuits.
View media item 98757

Last edited:
I assume he means a piece of flex with a plug on it, attached to what would then be a flex INLET instead of an outlet, the SWA then being terminated in the back box.

Wow! I was thinking way too in-depth!

Cheers all, will post pics if I don't die falling out a tree!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back