christmas lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a set of lights in France and have moved back to UK. I've cut off the french plug (2 pin sealed) - aiming to fit a UK plug. But the wires are red and green. Can you tell me which is live and which is neutral please?

Sponsored Links
Are the lights mains powered, or is there a transformer? Slightly OT, but in my time working in a hotel, I'm amazed at the lengths French (and others) guests will go to in order to power their devices, and not by an adaptor. They just shove whatever they can into the earth to open the shutter. Even if they did have an adaptor, it doesn't discriminate between line & neutral...

It definitely was just a plug, not a wall-wart power supply?

If so, it doesn't matter which is which.

Sponsored Links
I have a suspicion it might have been a "wall wart" supply and the red/green wires are flat telephone cordage, which I've seen used on some packages to connect power from that supply to the control box (where provided for flash, fade, chase, etc. effects).

Could we have a picture?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back