Christmas Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My wife has asked me to put up some external christmas lights this year so i have purchased an IP65 outdoor enclosure that a multi bar will sit in the cable of which will go back in to the house through a wall. The internal socket is protected by the house RCD.

I have two questions that are not directly electrical related.
1. What is the best way to attach a large silhouette light to rough cast, it isn't heavy.
2. I need to access the roof above the garage to get to a section of the house roof above it. The garage roof is on a slight angle. I can't get directly to the top of the house roof on this section with ladders due to the width of the garage roof below it. I can reach all sections of the top roof from the garage roof if I stand on it, its easy to get on to. My only concern is standing on the tiles and/or slipping off, drop is about 2M to the deck. Is it safe to stand on the tiled roof and is there anyway of doing it safer. I have been out there once before to clean a window.

Thanks,

Marco

Sponsored Links
1. What is the best way to attach a large silhouette light to rough cast, it isn't heavy.
Read the instruction that are supplied with it
2. I need to access the roof above the garage to get to a section of the house roof above it. The garage roof is on a slight angle. I can't get directly to the top of the house roof on this section with ladders due to the width of the garage roof below it. I can reach all sections of the top roof from the garage roof if I stand on it, its easy to get on to. My only concern is standing on the tiles and/or slipping off, drop is about 2M to the deck. Is it safe to stand on the tiled roof and is there anyway of doing it safer. I have been out there once before to clean a window.
Impossible to say, the condition and the type of fabric used for the tiles would be key to this, I would personally secure a sound working surface across the roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back