CIS?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a UTR number for my new job..
I was registered as self employed over 6 years ago and it's all changed now..

I have my old CIS card and read somewhere that the number on the front of that is my UTR number ( minus the last 3 digits.. )..

I went to the direct.gov website and found a reference checker, and the number is valid, but I have no idea if it's my number, or some random person that happens to have the same number..

anyone used to have a CIS card that can confirm or deny this?

Sponsored Links
Ring the Construction Industry Scheme section, give them your national insurance number, plus if you know it your utr no which should be 10 digits.
We have to do this with each employee, they then give you a Verivication no.

but that's the point, I don't know my UTR number and the only thing that I had on me at the time of posting earlier was my old CIS card...

and in answer to my own question, yes it is...
I've since been round to mums where all my old accounts and such are stored in box files for each year, and I found a tax return that I didn't throw away ( my accountant submitted them online but they still sent me a paper one each year ) and a "statement of account" from when I was self employed last..

the tax reference is the first 10 digits of the number on my old CIS card..

now, next stupid question, is my old UTR still valid or do I need a new one now I'm self employed again?

Sponsored Links
Just need to call local hmrc, they will not give you the utr over the phone, will mail it instead.
Steve

Back