citreon saxo desire 02 plate help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my son has a citreon saxo 02 1.1 desire when I connect a radio I do not have sidelights or daslights, fuse is ok once disconnected all works ok any ideas please

Sponsored Links
It sounds like there is a cross connection somewhere.....
The Saxo radio has two plugged inlets - one is the speakers (audio) the other is the power supply which has the colours below:
Black = earth return
Yellow = Battery permanent live (keeps the set memory going)
Red = switched live
There may also be others which can control the electric aerial and the set illumination (that one is orange if I recall.)
Do check things with a meter if the cables have been messed with - and various set connectors are available from Halfords or wherever.
John :)

So does that mean it could be wired wrong or there's wires touching somewhere. Sorry to sound stupid

If the wiring has been modified - i.e butchered - then who knows what has been done. This often occurs when people fit radios not designed for that vehicle.
Are you using the original Clarion radio, or another make?

Sponsored Links
Curious that one, I'm certain the Saxo - even the Desire base model - had a radio / cassette fitted as standard....most were Clarion but the odd Phillips appeared.
No matter.....are you trying to use the original radio wire harness or connecting into the car loom yourself? A pic or two could be helpful.

Back