Citroen C1 1.4 hdi non starter

hi1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically it turns over but fails to catch. Thought immobiliser. Stuck seder reader onto it. Stated problem communicating with key and immobiliser although said chip in key recognised and key and transponder (around ignition key unit?) talking to one another. Cleared any faults and linked key and ecu together. Still does the same. Whilst fiddling about checked diesel injector side which stated that expected pressure should be 200 plus bar and the pressure achieved was 8 bar. Now my questions are
1 does the immobiliser prevent the build up of diesel pressure so the thing cant be stolen and driven away and if so what bit does it affect.
2 my understanding is that pump whizzes around to create pressure which goes to common rail where pressure is constant and this high pressure diesel is fired into the cylinders via the injectors controlled by the ecu. There is a sensor of some description on the rear of the pump. Does this merely monitor the pressure created by the pump or does it release pressure if it exceeds a certain amount and if so where is this pressurised fuel sent, the return lines are plastic and certainly couldn't take that kind of pressure
3 there is a sensor on the end of the common rail. I thought that this had some bearing on allowing pressure build up and monitoring of pressure so that again if there was over pressure fuel was released to bring the pressure down. This sensor only has a drilling into it and no way of allowing fuel to pass through so what is actually allowing fuel to pass, is there another valve that I haven't found which allows let by?
None of these bits are easily accessible so it would be nice to know where to go next any suggestions not involving swan vestas will be eagerly looked at.

Sponsored Links
I cant answer how the immobiliser works but the sensor on the end of the common rail should be to monitor the rail pressure.
The pump connection could be a metering valve to adjust the demand for fuel as the engine works.
Have a read of the article below, if your battery is healthy and turning the engine over fast enough you should be able to monitor cranking fuel pressure.
If this is too low the system wont run.

https://personel.omu.edu.tr/docs/ders_dokumanlari/894_52413_1913.pdf

Thanks for your reply, links useful. Put lexia, not sedre, back on which shows no fault found. Done actuator test which gives noise from fuel pump area, clicking as asked for by lexia but no noise from common rail pressure sensor (rh side engine compartment as you stand looking at engine praying for divine intervention). I don't know what you'd expect from a sensor with no moving parts which I presume can give variable pressure readings to the ecu rather than its x amount of bar good to go or its not x bar so we're on strike.
When trying to pump fuel with primer bulb this just goes flat as though its got nothing to pump against. Changed the primer bulb and its associated pipery two weeks ago as fuel temperature probe was leaking past o rings. Been fine since and pulls much better. No sign or smell of fuel leak, tank about two thirds full.

Sponsored Links
Back