Citroen C1 pre heat relay

hi1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where this relay is located on the car. Have a fault code P1351 for 1.4hdi but the magic box doesn't actually show where the thing is.

Sponsored Links
I don't know either but Hdi engines don't need pre heat to start unless you live in Siberia so I wouldn't worry about it.

Peter

I don't wonder at anything now John - I just don't understand anymore.

Peter

Sponsored Links
They might like a bit of heat after starting to warm things up. The modern direct injection diesels run very cold. The ECU copped it wasn't drawing the correct current. Might even be a heater plug, no?

I would agree, I think they are an anti pollution measure rather than a starting aid.

Peter

Well I found it, conveniently concealed behind the fuel filter and its associated pipes.
I've a horrible feeling you are correct regarding the glow plug fault. The engine was just turning over with no attempt to catch. The old trick of pouring a kettle of boiling water over the block provided enough heat to get it going. Replacing the glow plugs will involve stripping down the top of the engine, air intake rocker covers etc which I did earlier in the year after the injector. sealing went tits up. There is no room at all to work under the bonnet, another payback for waterloo from our French neighbours.

I don't know either but Hdi engines don't need pre heat to start unless you live in Siberia so I wouldn't worry about it.

Peter
They don't necessarily need preheat to start but the relay is designed to operate glow-plugs if it is very cold but also keeps them operating for several seconds ( 7 in case of the 406) after the engine has actually started.

On one of my standard diesel Pugs the glow plug relay was on the nearside.

It was not working properly and the engine would eventually start during the summer after a lot of turning over.

It was only a bit of corrosion on the contacts and just needed cleaning.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back