Citroen dispatch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have recently purchased a 52 plate citroen dispatch,I have a problem though,the van does not like the first start of the day,I often have to sit there for between 30secs to a minute until it finally turns over.Once it has had the initial start of the day it starts first time for the rest of the day.I have had the glow plugs checked and they are fine,I have also had the starter motor checked and that was fine as well and I also had a new relay put in the starter motor just in case but I still have the same problem.Any suggestions on what to check next would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I would start by doing a complete oil change, including the filter, then check to see if the glowplug timing relay is actually sending current to the glowplugs and if so how long.

Wotan

If you have to crank it for 30 sec or more, then fuel is returning back to the tank.
Presumably the fuel filter has some sort of priming system - bulb or pump? The valve in this is allowing fuel to return where it shouldn't, or there is some porosity in the system, allowing air in.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back