Citroen DS3 new car.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just returned one of these after two days hire.

Manual diesel two door.

What an odd car! It had three things I greatly liked about it and three I definitely did not.

Audio quality was very good indeed. Although no CD player.

Very economical, 63 mpg for my trip.

Engine auto stop restarted painlessly. But could not turn it off!

Steering pretty precise and comfortable.

BUT,

No Satnav built in.

No rear parking distance sensor.

On some road surfaces it was too noisy to talk to a passenger at 70 mph due to transmitted road noise.

Sponsored Links
What an odd review, lots of cars do not have Satnav or rear sensors as standard so hardly unique to the Citroen and both down to the hire company not choosing them as extras.

I guess this vehicle was the base model, the Chic?
The higher trim models will probably have those extras - at a price!
The DS is far better than the C3 that it replaces - I think it's up with the best, again at a price.
John :)

I appreciate that extras will include Satnav and poss rear sensors.

But the road noise is always there and according to the lady is regardless of what make of tyres are fitted. I thought the Michelin might have been more noisy but apparently not.

Reading reviews on the car none mentioned the road noise although the lady agreed they were very noisy.

I could not see any way to turn off the engine auto off eco.

Maybe I am out of touch but at £14k to £25k seems a fairly expensive car.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Does "this lady" know what she's talking about? Citroens have used Michelins for years. They last well, cost a fortune and aren't known to be noisy.

Good post Dave - Michelins are still probably the best tyres around and don't need to cost an arm and a leg.
If you want a noisy tyre the Maxxis reigns supreme - in my opinion - and it's been more than one occasion I've suspected wheel bearing noise (incorrectly) when it's been the tyre at the end of the day.
It's large diameter wheels and low profile tyres that guarantee a ride from hell....often fitted to the higher specification cars.
John :)

I got 50k miles from the front Michelins on my 02 Peugeot 406 and they still had a bit of life left. Good tyres if you don't mind paying the extra. I'm currently using Kumhos on my Peugeot 508 and these have a 69db noise rating. Much better than the worn out Pirelli P7's they replaced.

Sponsored Links