citroen xsara picasso 2.0 hdi 53 reg wont start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there can any one help me i have a citroen xsara picasso 2.0 hdi 53 reg went out yesterday and my car would turn over but wont start .the in tank fuel pump is working ok as i ham geting fuel but it just wont start

Sponsored Links
Could be an immobiliser issue. Try spraying a little Easystart into the air intake, if it will fire on that you will know its mechanically OK. The other common fault is low fuel rail pressure, you really need someone with a Lexia code reader to establish that.

Peter

go easy with the easystart tho, to much and it ill det its tiits off.

1 sec spray.

Sponsored Links
thank for the reply i will have a gow at starting it with easystart tomorow and see if it will start

It probably won't start but if it fires you will know its mechanically OK.

Peter

i hop it will but like you sead it most likely wont i think it looks like i will have to get a mobile mechanic. with diagnostic. i will have to look on the net for one in my area sa i live near scarbrough

first thing to check is the big red button press it as this is an emergence cut off for the engine

dus the low presser fuel pump work to check this swich the key to acc position you should be able to hear the pump making sum noise, have you checked the fuel filter for metal filing they will look like glitter also a sine of a failed low presser pump.

then move on to the multi function relay it's brown in color sum times one pin burns out.

hi there my car engine is the RHY on 2.0.hdi and it as no red buton and can you tell me where the multi function relay is locaterd in the engine bay

i forgot that your vehicle is multiplexed so that puts the brown relay out of the window.

there is a box of relay on the back of the fuse box in the engine bay that deal with the immobilizer and low presser fuel pump, there are also sum maxi fuses around there most likely under the fuse bored.

If you get a diagnostics test done onit, it will show any faults lurking around. I had a similar problem on a friends megane scenic, tried all sorts of things to get it going, in the end it turned out to be starter solenoid that was at fault. Hope you get it sorted soon

I had this problem with my car 18 months ago. It turned out that the water temp sensor (rhs of engine block, can reach down to it) had gone and water had run up through the wire sleaving all the way to the ECU RHS behind the battery unit (3 bunches of cables going onto it). I took the 3 plugs off, one of which had water in the ECU socket. I cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner (from Farnell), opened and cleaned out the ECU, and put in a new temp sensor and tied in a new wire pair from the temp sensor and spliced it into the loom at the ECU plug. Started first thing. Give me a shout if this is the issue (water in one of the ECU plugs) and I can give you more specifics. It's probably very unlikely this is your problem, but worth a check...
Good luck.
Jimbo

hi there it look like two of the pins in the ecu where dameged and sum one as bay past them by soldering two wiyers in to it and by pasted the plug so i think it is time for a new one as the imobliser as kiked in and wont let the car start

Sponsored Links
Back