Cladding a brick shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a pretty ugly brick shed in the garden, it's got a flat roof which has just been refelted but it's an eye sore!

I'm thinking of trying to tart it up by cladding it using feather edge boards attached horizontally to battens. I think this will make it look like a normal shed and a bit more attractive.

Have any of you done anything similar before? Any tips or suggestions? Would it need any kind of damp proofing?

I'm hoping it's as simple as nailing bit of timber to bits of timber attached to brick!

Ps - apologies if I've posted this on the wrong forum.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As long as the overhang on the roof is enough to cover the combined depth of battens and boards there shouldn't be an issue. If it's not damp now and not heated then I can't think of any reason to add damp proofing. The corners will need to be done carefully to avoid rain ingress and it would be best to stop the boards short of the floor to stop rot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back