cladding - looking for ideas on what to use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

as part of house renovation we will be removing the old tiles off a small old extension on back of house, construction is timber upper frame as in the photo (which is the bit we want to clad) and lower/ ground floor is brick.

area to cover is approx 18m2 including sides and short sloping roof

We need to remove current tiles as we need to replace windows and insulate the cavity between outside and inside and will only be replacing the larger of the two windows as the small one is no longer needed.

obviously cost is a consideration so looking at options and for your suggestions.

have considered upvc but wondered if there are any tiles or corrugated sheeting options available, something that would stand out.

thanks d

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Marley board is much better than pvc in my opinion and probably cheaper.

I would be wary of something bonkers unless your house is quite contemporary, in that case go nuts.

If it was mine i'd do it in cedar, if i could scrap the money together...

hi thanks guys

yeah that marley weatherboard looks just the job and simple to fit.

as i plan to cover frame with plywood, do you need to batten before fitting the boards or can you fix straight to the plywood.

will have a read of the marley pdf files on fitting etc. later

thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back