Cleaning up landing edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A sheet of plasterboard was applied here and then plastered because a door was fitted to the hallway below.

I'm not sure how to clean up and detail where the board meets the staircase string. It's obviously been cut slightly sort.

My immediate thought would be to thumb a corner out of putty but I don't think the result would be good.

Ideas welcome View media item 84721

Sponsored Links
Would really like to help, but I mean, did you even look at your pic first?

Try posting a better one and I am sure you'll get some good ideas.

Pin some wooden beading to the side of the stringer, so it overlaps the top of the plasterboard, then caulk between the top of the plasterboard and the underside of the beading.

Cheers
Richard

1) learn how to take better photos;
2) do what Gerald suggests above ^^^

Sponsored Links
Would really like to help, but I mean, did you even look at your pic first?

Try posting a better one and I am sure you'll get some good ideas.

My camera is faulty and only clears up once zoomed right in.

Pin some wooden beading to the side of the stringer, so it overlaps the top of the plasterboard, then caulk between the top of the plasterboard and the underside of the beading.

Cheers
Richard

How do I deal with the curve of the stair?

How do I deal with the curve of the stair?

A thin wooden bead should bend OK. Otherwise help it along with the steam from a kettle.

Cheers
Richard

I've done this before with a bullnose step and a thin piece of ply that was held over a bucket of steam water until it shaped around the step.

Have you ever actually done this with a piece of beading yourself gerald ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back