Clever extract fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found something today while doing a PIR that I have not encountered before. The kitchen extract fan would come on only when the hob/oven, toaster were switched on or the cooker hood extract was on the third setting which is full speed. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I found something today while doing a PIR that I have not encountered before. The kitchen extract fan would come on only when the hob/oven, toaster were switched on or the cooker hood extract was on the third setting which is full speed. Any ideas?

So, hob, oven, toaster and cooker hood all on one circuit?

So, hob, oven, toaster and cooker hood all on one circuit?

Not what he said...

Sponsored Links
Got it in one Ricicle! That wasn't much of a quiz was it?
Very good idea and so simple. Threw me for a while though.

Very good idea and so simple. Threw me for a while though.

Really? Sounds a lot more hassle and less simple than just switching the fan on manually when you want/need it. Not that I don't like the idea. I like overly complicated things.

Designed for student accommodation. Need I say more?
Very easily installed, Not too complicated at all. Just send the phase conductors of the circuits concerned through the ct on the relay.

Presumably to stop them setting off the fire alarm by being too lazy to put the fan on while cooking?

Presumably to stop them setting off the fire alarm by being too lazy to put the fan on while cooking?

That's what I reckon.

TTC they are 3 phase Dbs with a combination of mcbs and rcbos. The installation is all in surface trunking.

I installed a system which would not allow the machine to operate unless the extractor fan was running.

The device had a current transformer so I could have feed many circuits through same current transformer and there would be no electrical connection between circuits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back