Clicker Plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a clicker plug (sorry, don't know the actual name of them!) which you press to fill the plughole and press again to pop it out.

Like all novelty plugs of this nature, it has broken. The clicker mechanism seems okay but it no longer stays attached to the cap. I can click it closed but then have to lift the cap off to open it.

I have a few questions:

1. Is there any obvious way of fixing this?

2. If not, where can I buy a replacement? As I mentioned before, I'm not sure what they are called so it is difficult to search for.

3. Can anyone suggest a more effective replacement that I could fit without too much hassle? I'm aware I could just stick a regular plug in there, but is there anything like this, just less prone to breaking?

Many thanks, as ever!

Sponsored Links
These are called click clack plugs and widely available.

The others, like that are swivel plugs, same fitting etc or pop up wastes but the pop up's are more complicated and need a certain type of tap or overflow.

Is it possible to get just the mechanism and the plug cap? I don't really fancy taking the whole plughole out.

Sponsored Links
Replace with:

Rotary plug waste:
Captive%20Rotary%20Waste%20Slotted.jpg

Captive plug waste:
main_product_HPWBS44CP.jpg

For click-clack read click-clack-crap.

We've decided to leave it for now. The plumber gave us a surprisingly pricey quote, and we'd have to remove tiles to get beneath the sink (thanks to the previous owners tiling it all in). So we're just gong to use a rubber plug for now!

The clicker plug and cap does screw into the plughole, so if anyone knows where we could get a new one like that, we could replace the top half without having to change the actual plughole. There's no branding on the plug (see my photos in a previous post) but if anyone knows of anything similar, that would be great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back