Clicking noise on Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30si boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone can help me out please?

I have the above boiler, just under 6 years old.

When the burner fires up (either to heat central heating or when turning the hot tap on) there is a loud clicking/vibrating noise that lasts for about 5/6 seconds......I've just had a new circuit board fitted and a service....I've never noticed this noise before. The chap who fitted the circuit board and serviced it said it was "normal" when the burner fires up?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If its a sort of juddering noise, it'll be the diverter motor. I've got the same boiler and mines done this for years, its normal.

Sponsored Links
But it's only just started making this noise since it's had work done on it. I've never heard it before at all.

Phoned Worcester this morning and they say the noise it's making ISN'T normal and it's likely to be a faulty circuit board that's been fitted, so made a call to the plumber who was surprised but is going to order another one and arrange to change them over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back