CLS & Partition wall advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all!

I would just like to ask for your opinions on my latest project:
I am moving a few doors and building a partition wall in one of the bedrooms at home, basically extending the landing and turning an ensuite into a spare bedroom. I have always used 4x2 for this type of work but I am limited to space now, I have built in wardrobes and then a door into the ensuite so I have a choice, I move the door of the ensuite up slightly to accommodate the use of 4x2 which is a block wall or I use 38x63 CLS which will allow me to leave the door in its place and accommodate 12.5mm boards.

I am talking no more than 2000 length and 1100 depth and the usual 2400 high.

If I am good to use CLS then that takes me onto the next question… Door Linings, the smallest I can find in my local TP and Wickes is 106mm which is obviously far too much for 88mm + skim either side so where talking 94mm total. Can I get a door lining near to this or is it a case or rip one down or just make my own out of some 1x4 or even ply?

Thanks guys.

With lots of man love.

Sponsored Links
CLS is OK for stud work

For 88mm + skim (94mm) just rip down the nearest size you can and give them a quick once-over with a hand plane on the sawn edges, but don't use plywood as the edges look dire! In any case a door casing needs to be a bit thicker than plywood

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back