code 5 lead?...longest sheet and ovelrlaps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,
Whats different about this lead (i know nothing about lead) but code 5 is stated on my drawings for a parapet gutter.
The gutter will be 24' long...whats the longest sheets of lead i can use for the gutter...also should this gutter be sloped(it will terminate @ one end and drain @ the other)
Cheers,
Martin.

Sponsored Links
ask the architect :rolleyes: they never put detail cuz they don`t know :LOL: Have a look for *Calder* site they have lead details ....code 5- is 5 lbs. weight per square foot ;)

architect is an a-hole!...and yeah he prob dont know...is there a general rule with the overlapping...dont want leaks!!

Sponsored Links
Code 5 can be placed down in lengths up to 1700 but that doesnt work out correct for a roll of lead thats 6m long. Always work to a length of 1500 and youll be fine. Put in a 50mm high upstand where applicable. Failing this get me in to do it lol

Thanks

steve

Cheers mate...actually what trade am i looking for to do this as i dont intend doing this bit myself?
What is an upstand?...and if i run 1500 overlapped lengths what should the overlap be??
Ta!
Martin.

Code 5 lead can be laid in bays up to 2000mm long between steps/drips.

Code 8 can be laid in bays up to 3000mm long (those bays at Harewood look longer than that Mr Doherty!)

have a look in Google for Gutterline rubberised plygene ;) stuff the lead and save £££££ :LOL:

Hi Nige...already tried going down that road but postage to ireland would cost a fortune.
Cheers,
Martin.

softus.
Hes an a hole as he made several basic mistakes on my drawings that i spotted luckily before applying for planning permission...and one mistake that i did not spot and is now unfortunately incorporated in my planning.
Also he was extremely slow and i dont think i gotr great value for money...trying to draw blood from a stone getting a suggestion out of him.

He prob doesnt know as several of the design ideas i gave him he did not understand or reckoned i couldnt do yet clearly i can(parapet wall being the culprit)

Obviously i hired an incompetent architect...but it was the first one i ever hired and ill know better in future!

Marty.

martyc said:
Obviously i hired an incompetent architect...but it was the first one i ever hired and ill know better in future!
Fair play.

If he's as bad as you suspect then you'd be doing everyone a service by reporting him to his industry regulating body.

martyc said:
Hi Nige...already tried going down that road but postage to ireland would cost a fortune.
Cheers,
Martin.
..........S. Ireland :oops: of course...land of the Euro. shame tho`

Nige F said:
have a look in Google for Gutterline rubberised plygene ;) stuff the lead and save £££££ :LOL:

The bays where in fact just short of 3m in length and laid in code 10, grew muscles where I didnt know was possible haha. We was laying 40 bays a week and still had time to drink the coffee.

Thanks

steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back