Code change for Concept System alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would anyone be able to tell me how to change the code for the Concept System alarm. We inherited the alarm with the house and have no idea how it works.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards Lydia

Sponsored Links
Wow - it's been a long time but I think its..

Prog, old code, 8, new code, reset, reset.

Let me know if that works ;)

To change an existing known code:
Press the PROG button (All lights will show)
Enter the Existing code (Day & Tamper Lights show)
Press the "8" button (The 4 zone lights will show)
Now enter your new code (Any 4 Digits) the unit beeps twice & the day & tamper lights show again.
Press the RESET button, & the Day light should show.

If memory serves me correctly - the Concept reverts to factory default code on power-down (which would happen in the event of a power cut and a flat battery!)
0123 should be factory code & you will need a new battery.

In this situation
To change code, pres PROG, enter old code (0123, in this case) then press 8, then new 4 digit code, then reset.

Much appreciated.
regards, Lydia

To change an existing known code:
Press the PROG button (All lights will show)
Enter the Existing code (Day & Tamper Lights show)
Press the "8" button (The 4 zone lights will show)
Now enter your new code (Any 4 Digits) the unit beeps twice & the day & tamper lights show again.
Press the RESET button, & the Day light should show.

If memory serves me correctly - the Concept reverts to factory default code on power-down (which would happen in the event of a power cut and a flat battery!)

In this situation
To change code, pres PROG, enter old code (0123, in this case) then press 8, then new 4 digit code, then reset.

Sponsored Links
Didn't realise that there were 2 x responses. Have tried it and it doesn't seem to work - we suspect we've changed it while plahying around with it. Will be removing the battery and then switching off the mains before long. and trying it that way. Hope it works then.

Many many thanks
Lydia

Didn't realise that there were 2 x responses. Have tried it and it doesn't seem to work - we suspect we've changed it while plahying around with it. Will be removing the battery and then switching off the mains before long. and trying it that way. Hope it works then.

Many many thanks
Lydia
Then in that case >>

In this situation

As you don't know the history of this alarm I would strongly suggest that before trying again you get a NEW battery for the panel before trying any of this

Thanks Europlex
grinning-smiley-003.gif

I moved into a new house last year fitted with the same alarm but couldn't find any information on it when the power went off and sent it whacko.
confused-smiley-009.gif
I am a wiser man now. :)

Cheers

Tony
action-smiley-010.gif

I have a copy of the instructions for this alarm if you leave your email i can scan it in and email it you.

Whitt1

I have a copy of the instructions for this alarm if you leave your email i can scan it in and email it you.

Whitt1

Hi Whitt1 - I'm a bit late to the party here but the house I am buying has a Concept 6 alarm and the seller doesn't have the instructions or the code (and says he has never used it). If I PM you my email address could you please send me a scan of the instructions? It would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

I don’t think I got a notification of your post Whitt1 so I’m a bit late too. Thanks for the offer and I’ll see how it goes ta. I got something off the web in pdf format a while ago which pretty much told me how to set it but after what happened the other day I think I may just rip it out and keep a starving Rottweiler in the house instead. The damn thing went ape the other day when I tried to change the 12V battery in the box doobrie.
angry-smiley-005.gif

What gets me is no-one takes them seriously anyway, just as with car alarms, so I’m beginning to think they are all just a waste of time. People just think “another irritating false alarm” and ignore it. I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze sometimes.

I think someone could be coming out of my house with a big bag of swag and arrows on a boiler suit complete with mask and no-one would bat an eyelid.

I live in a neighbourhood watch too, whatever that means? It’s probably someone assigned in the road to watch people run off with your goods as opposed to someone else not assigned to watch people run off with your goods. Oh well, I bet the sight of that sign scares the burlars off in my neighbourhood though. (Yeah right).

I think the alarm my friend has is probably the way to go... Something about any intrusion automatically alerts the police via his BT line who then hot-foot it to your door I think.

I guess what happens then is they arrest the 1000 times repeat offender and tell him he’s a very naughty boy in a Monty Python voice.

Well that’s today’s rant over…
grinning-smiley-004.gif

Would anyone be able to tell me how to change the code for the Concept System alarm. We inherited the alarm with the house and have no idea how it works.

Regards Lydia

email me on [email protected] and I'll send you a scan of the part of the manual. I have the same system. Works fine.
Malcolm

Regards Lydia

email me on [email protected] and I'll send you a scan of the part of the manual. I have the same system. Works fine.
Malcolm
You're all of 12 months late, this was sorted back in 2009 :rolleyes:

Regards Lydia

Malcolm
You're all of 12 months late, this was sorted back in 2009 :rolleyes:

I'm happy for you! Malcolm

Whitt1

Hi Whitt1 - I'm a bit late to the party here but the house I am buying has a Concept 6 alarm and the seller doesn't have the instructions or the code (and says he has never used it). If I PM you my email address could you please send me a scan of the instructions? It would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

"I too have moved to a new house which has an ADE Concept 6 alarm without any operation instructions.
I would much appreciate it if you would send me a copy

Thanks Rob

[email protected]"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back