Coincidence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I mislaid my two debit cards and ordered replacements.
Card A would still have the same PIN, and. Card B needed to have a new PIN sent out.

So I was surprised when the new PIN for Card B arrived and it was the same as the PIN for card A.

For me, that's quite a coincidence but with all the people in the UK who have more than one bank card, this is likely to happen quite regularly.

There are over 43m people with at least one card so getting a four digit PIN duplicated is probably fairly regular if you have two ?

Sponsored Links
What are the odds? Suppose it must happen occasionally as people have many cards these days. Undoubtably, the odds are a lot better than a lottery win. However, if I were you, I would hot-foot it down to the newsagents and make sure you enter tonight's lottery. There's still time.

What are the odds? Suppose it must happen occasionally as people have many cards these days. Undoubtably, the odds are a lot better than a lottery win. However, if I were you, I would hot-foot it down to the newsagents and make sure you enter tonight's lottery. There's still time.

Done that!
But should I rearrange the four PIN. digits to make the six numbers though?

If you don't hear from me, it worked😄😄

Sponsored Links
just 1 in 10000

Nope it is actually 1 in 9999. As a scientist you should be more precise as 0000 is considered Nothing, you cannot have pin number 0000. :LOL:

Only if you can have a pin number 0000, then yes you are right.

How can he possibly be right when it is a four digit number? If you want to be pedantic at least be accurate. :rolleyes:

... DataGenetics found the least-used PIN is “8068.” However, hackers can read, too, so use caution when picking a PIN.

According to DataGenetics, the top 10 most-used PINs are the following:

0000 (So there !)

-0-

That's cheating :evil:

Forces me to apologise to mick though. Sorry mick, you soft cnt. :mrgreen:

I was under the impression that 0000 would be an invalid number.

Question is, IS it a number? or is it Nothing?

It is about tyme that more digits were needed as cracking a 4 digit code appears to be not too difficult in guessing, especially when people often use their date of birth. You only have to ask someone how old they are and you could work out their year of birth!

It represents nothing. Basically what you had before God created the universe.

Try writing ten as numbers without using a zero value digit

The Romans had a problem when writing a balance on a receipt if the balance was zero

XV - XV = ?

they didn't have a symbol that indicated zero so had to write the word zero ( nulla if I recall correctly )

I think it was the Arabs who discovered the usefulness of a symbol for no as in 203 Two Hundreds, No Tens and Three Units

Now what are the next Lottery Numbers ?

While not the same, my last four PIN's have been most memorable. The previous three (ie not the current one) were:

XX XX+1

Memorable date from history lessons

Memorable Leyland engine displacement

Sponsored Links
Back