Cold External Wall Wallpapering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to be wallpaper our hallway which amazingly has an external wall. Our house does not have a cavity wall which means that the wall gets very very cold.
Is it worth putting up some of that polystyrene wallpaper and then papering over this? I know its a bit of a pain if it gets a knock but wondering if it is really worth the aggro of wallpapering twice.
L

Sponsored Links
We used wallrock in a cold room and it 100% made a massive difference. Amazing what a couple of mm of foam backing (or whatever it is) makes.

Sponsored Links
Bought some of the 2mm stuff and slapped it up on the wall in the hall, You can definitely tell a difference when you have one hand on the bare wall and one on the polystyrene. Don't know If it will make a true difference, only time will tell when its all finished, its kind of nice not getting chills in my bones when I brush up against the bare wall now though.

Hopefully the paper will take to it :)

It really is a bugger to cut though tried with a sharp wallpaper knife and it still tears.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back