Cold roof insulation venting for garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've bought some celotex insulation to put up on the ceiling in my garage but I'm not quite sure on the ventilation. I want to place the whole sheets underneath the joists to seal the roof structure from the garage room. This is a cold roof configuration I understand. I'm not living in the garage so this level of insulation is fine but I don't want to risk any moisture damage to the roof structure.

Anyway, a video of the whole situation is here

Any advice is most welcome, thanks

Sponsored Links
Great thorough video, explains the situation perfectly.
My immediate thoughts are that you probably already have sufficient ventilation already, particularly if the garage isn't going to be heated or only heated periodically.
Your idea with the vents would certainly improve the situation, provided you are happy that they would be suitably protected from the weather. Alternatively how about fitting a row of trickle vents immediately below the guttering, running a bead of silicone over the top to ensure they are definitely weathered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back