Cold water flowing in to a tee

Sponsored Links
Yes.

Bear in mind that if the toilet is flushed whilst the shower is in use then there will be an effect on the cold flow rate.

Yes its in the same on suite so shouldn't be an effect. I wondered if the tee would give a huge frictional resistance?

Sponsored Links
Yes.

Bear in mind that if the toilet is flushed whilst the shower is in use then there will be an effect on the cold flow rate.
Similar could be said if any cold supply is used whilst on is in the shower?

It's less than ideal but in real terms it will make no difference to your install.

Preferably from supply through the long 'T' section with a riser on the centre to your first appliance to your second appliance with a pulled bend to the connection point. If possible/practical it's better if showers have a supply independent of other appliances.

(sometimes, for reasons best known to themselves, it's easier for people to make clever comments rather than provide practical help!)

(sometimes, for reasons best known to themselves, it's easier for people to make clever comments rather than provide practical help!)

I think the simple truth is that @Gaswizard doesn't know the answer so he resorts to abuse ;)

I wouldn't worry he's obviously got a long way to go until he matches up to some of the guys on the forum. If you're lucky Agile may give us the definitive answer (y)

Not exactly a "micro idealism situation" with regard to hydraulic loss through centre branch.

I'd also be interested to hear Agiles view on this.....
A learning curve is an understatement , every day is a school day when Agile posts on here , awesome....his knowledge is second to none...

So cold water flow in to a the centre branch of a tee is ok? I have seen it a few times under the kitchen sink were the incoming cold mains tees in to the house cold supply and kitchen sink tap feed.

It's less than ideal but in real terms it will make no difference to your install.

Preferably from supply through the long 'T' section with a riser on the centre to your first appliance to your second appliance with a pulled bend to the connection point. If possible/practical it's better if showers have a supply independent of other appliances.

So you recommend teeing off the hot and cold main supply's separately again to pick up a shower?

Could teeing of separately almost make a dead leg in the hot pipework if the shower wasn't used for a long time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back