Cold water supply to kitchen tap, dishwasher and washing machine

update - all the piping done with HEP. Thanks for the advice. I've pushed on the Bristan mixer tap. All looking very good but...

I don't have cold water supply yet but do have hot water. I thought the mixer would dispense hot water but nothing comes out. All the isolation valves are open. Does the mixer need cold and hot water to function?

Sponsored Links
No - with either hot or cold connected you should have supply.

What is supplying your hot water?

hot water is coming from my megaflow. The cold water is not Live yet. Should the tap be dispensing hot water?

I have hot water in bath and cloakroom.

Sponsored Links
ummm...
I wonder if it's the tap isolation valve that isn't open fully. The screw was certainly vertical. I'm not aware of any other isolation.

Well it may be a dumb question but here goes .....

Before you started fitting the new pipework, connectors and taps, what was stopping the flow?

the hot and cold pipes come out of the ground (the cold is not live yet). These hep pipes were terminated into a lever valve. I continued the pipework from here.

Was the hot ever tested at that valve? That would be the first place to test then work back from there.

fixed - apparently the tap came with no return isolation valves and these have to go in the correct way. I had put it ib the other way around!

changed the direction and bingo!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back