Cold Water Tank Float Valve Problem PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can someone please help me as I am going absolutely insane!

I replaced by ball vavle in the cold water tank in the loft recently as the old one was dripping. However the new valve won't seem to shut off and after 30 mins after using water it is still dripping quite fast. It seems there isn't enough pressure to close the valve as when I lift the valve manually the water will stop flowing.

I hve also recently located a leak in the toilet which has now been fixed which would have previously have been slowly draining the tank in the loft. I can't find any other leak.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
If you leave the tank long enough, it will stop of its own accord....providing the tank isn't being drained by an external source, of course!
A test.....press the valve down to raise the water level manually. Does the valve shut off when you let go?
Type 2 valves with the adjustable float are required here.
John :)

Hi John, thanks for the reply.

Yes the valve does shut when you push the valve down and add more water to the tank. But adding that last litre of water at drip speed would take forever!

I have replaced with a brass part 2 valve. How do I increase the pressure on the vavle?...I have heard of bending the arm? But won't that just lower the water level in the tank?

Chris

Sponsored Links
I assume so. How would I tell? I bought the valve from my local plumbers merchant and they advised me what I would need from what I told them it was for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back