combi boiler installation - hot water to kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - i'm having a new combi-boiler installed in my kitchen - could you advise if it makes sense for the water to the kitchen sink should follow the old route from the gravity fed system it is replacing or would it make sense to route the hot and cold water from the boiler, under the kitchen floor and directly to the kitchen sink.

I'm thinking by going directly to the kitchen sink it would be more efficient..but it would be good to understand if this should even a concern or if there is no difference if the water is going (the old route) from the boiler in the kitchen, up to the 1st floor bathroom and then down to the kitchen sink...

i believe the water to the bathroom..is ok to go from the boiler to the 1st floor bathroom directly ...and not via the route to the kitchen sink.

.jnas

Sponsored Links
It's always good to minimise the route that the water takes to save wasting water and delays in getting the hot water to the outlet. After a hot water draw off the water will sit in the pipe and cool down. Next time an outlet is opened you draw off this cold water before the hot comes through so you've wasted energy heating this previously.

As already stated the shortest route would be the best option wherever possible

Standing losses do occur with what is sat in the pipe so minimizing and lagging pipework is always a good idea

Sponsored Links
yes shortest route is always the best also cut away any dead legs as these can cause problems for your new boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back