Combi Boiler Main 30 HE - how do I increase the pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Really sorry if this has been asked previously but I've a problem with my Main combi boiler and with a pregnant wife in the house I need to get it sorted ASAP!

The pressure is currently at zero which I assume is why the boiler has stopped working.
I've checked the online manual but can't make or head or tail of it but what I do know is that I do not have a flexible braided hose at the front which I've had on past boilers and used to increase/decrease pressure.

So simple question really - can anyone advise how I go about increasing the pressure without this hose?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Look under the boiler inside it,there might be 2 valves to connect the hose,otherwise probably below the boiler, but as you said you need a hose so will have to buy a filling loop hose

Thanks for this although I had a plumber visit last year and he didn't use a hose to increase the pressure. Unfortunately I wasn't paying close attention so I don't know exactly how he did it..

Sponsored Links
Post a picture of the underside of your boiler so we can be sure there isn't a hose lurking somewhere.

Failing that, we can at least advise you where to connect the hose which you have hopefully bought today.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back