Combi bolier pressure too high and water has gone cooler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My water from my combi boiler all of a sudden has gone from kicking out hot water to luke warm.

I checked the bolier and saw that the settings were all at the same level as they had always been set to but the pressure was up from 2 to 3 (when not firing).

I turned the system off and bled some water out using the radiator value on one of the rads to get the pressure down but this did not fix either problem. The pressure went back up again the next day or so and the water is still not hot.

The filling loop is in the closed position.
The radiators get scolding hot still too (the 60 deg light is illuminated) but when a tap is turned on, the boiler seems to stop working and drop the temp down (the boiler lights go to 30 or 40 deg instantly).

Has anyone got any ideas or should I just get an engineer out asap.

Thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
Drain it again and disconnect the filling loop all together as the valves may be passing.

Thanks gigz, do you think I should drain it completely or just enough to drop the pressure to 1.5-2?

Do you think this could help with the water not coming out hot from the taps?

Sponsored Links
Drain it (vent it first) to about 1 to 1.2 when cold. Dont think it has anything to do with your HW problem though. This time of year its usual for a combi to give out cooler water (at the same flowrate). Try slowing the tap down and see if it gets better. What boiler do you have ? Guessing a baxi 105 ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back