Combi-Care Compact scale inhibiter leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi Just got home to a soaked under the sink cupboard and found the combi-guard is leaking at the head where the cartridage goes in. A plumber replaced the cartridge earlier this year but the I've orderd a 15mm tee & head as I plan to just replace the head which joins to the tee and its £27 cheaper from the net.

I just hope it fits onto the existing tee.

This wont arrive till Wednesday next week and its leaking a lot so need to do something before then.

Does anyone know what size cap I need to remove the old head and just cap it off till replacement arrives.

As long as no one is using the water (hot or cold) can I just turn off at stop-cock and get the head off and cap it up. Or will all the water in pipes and heating come gushing out?
Sadly not a valve each side?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Sponsored Links
Well it was leaking so bad I had to do something. I turned off the main stop cock and taps to outside, washing machine and dishwasher. Tried to undo the screw that stops it being unscrewed (also used I've read to push the cartridge off) and it broke off.....

So got loads of towels and undid the head and luck was with me for once no water came out. The head and the tee body look quite gunky so i'm now wondering if I need the whole part???

The hole in the head was not blocked which makes sense as it was leaking.

I drilled out the screw that broke and then got the cartrideg off the head - not easy at all!!

The 22mm blanking caop was two big..........so I used the rubber disc in it in the head and screwd it up so the leak is stopped but no scale inhibiting....

So anyone had any experience of these should I replace the whole thing???

Cheers

You are probably living in a hand water area and these filters help to stop the plate heat exchanger being blocked up
I would replace it as soon as possible or preferably fit a cistermeiser combi-mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back