Combi or System (Ideal or Vaillant)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am posting this message on behalf of a friend of mine. He has a 4 bedroom house (one of which is a converted loft). He also has at least 3 showers and I think it was 4 (or maybe even 5) toilets.

At the moment he lives there on his own but circumstances might change in time.

He had a new boiler fitted in July 2010 and the the poeple who did it must have been cowboys as it has been condemed. I'm not sure the exact reason why but it certainly has a sticker on it that has been put there by a Gas-Safe fitter (I'm not sure who condemed it).

I know that he has a Megaflow and an Ideal C30 combi boiler.

He asked for a regular system boiler to be installed but it seems like it hasn't.

I have recommended that he gets a Vaillant boiler as I had one installed in Feb 2010 and I am very impressed.

Without getting too technical, can I please have some advice as to which boiler you would recommend out of the Vaillants or Ideals.

I think he has about 13 rads in the house.

Any other questions, please ask. I might not know the answers though!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back